We offer a comprehensive boiler service in Liverpool.
It is highly encouraged that you service your boiler once a year to reduce the possible risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. This is caused by a damaged, faulty or badly maintained boiler (or appliance). All gas boiler manufacturers strongly recommend that your boiler be serviced once per year by a qualified engineer. This ensures the boiler runs optimally in a number of ways:
- Boiler is working safely
- Reduce the costs & chances of possible breakdowns and repairs
- Running at best efficiency
- Save money and gas usage
There are various warning signs which will identify when your boiler requires a service:
- Your boiler is not functioning properly
- Pilot light keeps extinguishing
- An odd smell when the boiler is being used
If you request a boiler service, we will dispatch one of our Gas Safe® Registered engineers. All our gas engineers are highly experienced and fully qualified to handle the servicing of your boiler. We can service many types of boilers, including open vent, condensing boilers, non-condensing boilers & combination boiler ‘combi’.
When one of our experienced engineers visits your property, they will perform a number of checks and tasks on your boiler:
- Closely inspect your boiler and various controls to ensure they are operating correctly and most importantly, safely.
- Visually inspect your boiler. We will be looking for any possible corrosion or leaks.
- Rate of gas consumption/gas pressure will be checked to ensure it is operating correctly. If these tests fail, adjustments will be made to rectify the problem.
- Perform a flue combustion test to check for dangerous emissions.
- Remove the burner if neccessary and thoroughly clean.
- Check ventilation is safe and free from obstructions.
- Inspect electrical connections.
- Heat exchanger and flue will be cleaned.
Once the service has been completed by an engineer, they will record the details of the service into the boilers logbook. It will explain the checks completed and any required work to meet safety standards. They will also record when the boiler needs to be serviced again for your knowledge. We will also give you recommendations for repairs and further work to be completed (we can make arrangements for further works to be completed if you desire).